Student Support Services
Students will be assigned to their home schools until there is no space available, once a school’s TK is full, students will be offered an SGUSD TK program with space available.
When space is limited young TK will be admitted in this order of priority:
- Age of student
- Sibling placement
- Date of application
The Dual Language Immersion "Intent to Enroll" Google form for the 2023-24 school year will be posted January 9, 2023 at 8:00 am at the DLI page.
This program teaches the core content through more than one language. In 2023-2024, the San Gabriel Unified's Spanish program is K - 8 and is located at McKinley Elementary School and Jefferson Middle School; the Mandarin DLI Program is K - 4 and is located at Wilson Elementary School. Students are accepted after a language assessment is completed in order to maintain the 50-50 ration of English Learners to English Only students.
The San Gabriel Unified School District is proud to offer a Mandarin and Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program that strives to maintain a 1:1 ratio of English speakers to target language learners. Students receive instruction aligned with state academic standards appropriate to their age and stage of linguistic and cultural proficiency. The program is designed to help students gain knowledge about language systems, develop a cultural understanding, and use that knowledge to communicate.
The window for students who live within the SGUSD boundaries and wish to attend a school other than their school of residence will open again on March 27, 2023. Families must apply by May 5th.
The student's enrollment must be complete in order to apply for an intra-district permit. This is done at the student's home school.
Please be aware that not all sites and grade levels will have availability. Requests are determined based on space availability.
Transitional Kindergarten students are assigned to their school of residence unless the program is full. In that case other schools in SGUSD are an option for families.
- Complete the online application that is posted on March 27, 2023 for intra-district transfer during the open enrollment window. Intra-district transfer requests are granted based upon space availability, student conduct, and attendance.
- Parent/guardian assumes responsibility for providing transportation to and from school.
- A student on an approved intra-district transfer may be subject to reassignment due to excessive enrollment at a school site.
- Once a student is granted an intra-district transfer for the school requested, they will attend the school(s) until the completion of 5th grade, if enrollment space exists, and if the student meets all transfer conditions.
- An approved intra-district transfer may be revoked at any time if there is false information on the transfer request form or if a student demonstrates unsatisfactory conduct and/or attendance.
Incoming Inter-District transfer requests are for students who live outside the SGUSD boundaries requesting to attend a SGUSD school.
New inter-district transfer students living outside the San Gabriel Unified School District must file a completed San Gabriel Unified School District application with the required attachments. Continuing students who move into a different district, or whose students are moving from fifth to sixth grade, or eighth to ninth grade, must apply for a new inter-district transfer permit. Applicants must also apply for an inter-district transfer permit (release) from their district of residence.
Inter-district transfer requests are granted based on space and program available basis, along with a review of the information in the required documents.
Outgoing Inter-District Transfers: Families who reside within the SGUSD boundaries, but wish to attend school in another district.
Please read before requesting inter-district transfer: