Virtual Independent Study Program
AB 130 – Independent Study 2021-2022 Parents & Guardians
You have the opportunity to enroll your SGUSD pupil(s) either in-person instruction or Independent Study during the 2021–22 school year.
As a parent/guardian of an SGUSD student, you have the right to request a pupil-parent-educator conference meeting before enrollment.
All SGUSD pupils in grades TK-12 have the right to enroll in SGUSD’s Virtual Independent Study Program and pupils may disenroll from Independent Study and enroll in in-person instruction within 5 school days. No student may be compelled to attend independent study.
Students and their parent/guardian must sign the Master Written Agreement before participating in the program. Pupils who enroll in Independent Study will participate in Live interaction and Synchronous instruction according to the state’s newly adopted Assembly Bill 130 at each grade level:
- Kindergarten to grade 3 — daily synchronous instruction
- Grades 4 to 8 — both daily live interaction and at least weekly synchronous instruction
- Grades 9 to 12 — at least weekly synchronous instruction for all students throughout the school year.
- Please note Ann Anderson is physically located at Roosevelt Elementary School (626) 287-0512.
- Grades TK-5 to Ann Anderson at Anderson_a@sgusd.k12.ca.us
- Grades 6-12 to Ruth Esseln at email@example.com