Enrollment for the Current 2020-2021 School Year
To enroll a student for the current year 2020-21 follow the instructions below:
Due to the COVID-19 mandatory school closures, SGUSD will be using an electronic enrollment process. You will be required to attach all the required documents in order to complete the enrollment process on-line.
Steps to enroll NEW students in the San Gabriel Unified School District for the remainder of 2020-21 school year:
(1) Verify that you reside within the SGUSD boundaries (see SCHOOL BOUNDARIES to the right), or you may apply for an interdistrict permit following our PERMIT PROCESS (see SGUSD permits to the right for more information).
(2) Prior to completing the online enrollment form, gather all REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (see list of required documents to the right) for new student registration and enrollment. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENROLL WITHOUT SCANNING OR TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS AND SAVING THE FILES TO THE DEVICE YOU WILL USE TO COMPLETE THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Please verify your child has most of the required immunizations before submitting an enrollment form. SGUSD recognizes that you may not be able to access your healthcare provider to obtain missing immunizations required to attend school. Your child will be able to conditionally enroll, however, your child will NOT be allowed to physically attend school without being fully immunized.
IMPORTANT: You must have an email address to receive your enrollment confirmation number. If you did not receive the confirmation email in your inbox folder, please make sure to check your "spam" folder of the email address provided. YOU MUST USE A USA BASED EMAIL. If you do not have an email address United States you can obtain one for free through google Gmail.
(4) Wait to be contacted by the enrollment office. Please allow time to be contacted. Your child's enrollment will be processed in the order received. DO NOT SUBMIT ADDITIONAL/DUPLICATE FORMS.
(5) Once your enrollment form and documents have been reviewed and finalized a Registrar will process your child's enrollment. The registrar will:
(a) Review the required documents for enrollment and the “Online Registration Form”
(b) Determine grade level and school placement
(c) Email you that your child has been enrolled, the school of enrollment and the grade level
(d) Notify the school that your child has been enrolled.
(6) You will be contacted by the school to arrange enrollment in Virtual Academy distance learning for the remainder of the school year. The school will assign your child's class(es) and teacher(s).
Please contact the Office of Student Support by emailing email@example.com for assistance.
PAPER ENROLLMENT FORMS ARE NO LONGER
BEING USED OR ACCEPTED
Every student has the right to a free public education regardless of immigration status or religious beliefs and their rights related to immigration enforcement. District staff shall not solicit or collect information or documents regarding the citizenship or immigration status of students or their family members (Education Code 234.7)