Distance Learning Online
High Quality Summer Learning Resources
- Custom workouts
- Virtual Field Trips
- Science explorations
- Life skills, including cooking, farming, and COVID-19 practices such as social distancing and hand-washing
- Emotional well-being lesson plans and videos
Supporting Virtual Learning
San Gabriel Unified District educations considers the way in which we bring this mission to life and demonstrates our commitment to excellence. San Gabriel's educators consider ways to involve students in relevant and engaging learning that fosters creativity and imagination, and that helps students gain the confidence and competence to address personal, community, and global issues in collaborative and resourceful ways.
Designing systems that provide meaningful engagement in the learning process through Virtual Learning enables the San Gabriel Unified School District to ensure student learning is continuous and ongoing outside of the four walls of a classroom. San Gabriel learns in the classroom. San Gabriel also learns online. Imagine the possibilities.
With information changing daily, we encourage families to stay up to date on information regarding COVID-19 and protect yourself and the community.
For the most recent updates please visit:
Medically Fragile Students
- Parents should check with their child’s healthcare provider on precautions related to Covid-19 risks.
Meal Service During School Closures
New Location for the Grab n' Go Meal Distribution Beginning Monday, May 4th, 2020 SGUSD will be serving meals for multiple days
Please be sure to follow Food Handling Instructions that will be given to you when you pick up the meals. Also, SGUSD would like to send a special Thank You to our super hero Nutrition Services staff for responding during this time of crisis and need. Thank you and please stay healthy and well.
Meal distribution will only occur on:
- Mondays (2 days of breakfast and lunch meals)
- Wednesdays (3 days of breakfast and lunch meals)
- 11:30 AM-12:30 PM
To accommodate our students families and ensure an efficient pick up process, the distribution location for Grab n' Go Meals will change on Monday, May 4th to Jefferson Middle School. This new location will assist with traffic flow and streamline the pick-up process.
Jefferson Middle School
1372 E. Las Tunas Dr.
San Gabriel, CA 91776
Meals will be passed out on the campus with a Drive-thru service. To keep everyone safe, please follow directions below.
Drive-Through Meal Service:
- Families will drive up to the designated area
- Meals will be provided based on the number of children in the vehicle
- Meals will be passed through one Passenger window
- To accommodate students and families who are within walking distance.
- Parents will be asked to wait at least 6 feet from the serving area.
- Meal items will be placed on the receiving table as the student approaches.
- Student picks up complete meals, then exits the campus with family members.
- Any child 18 years of age or younger is eligible for a free meal.
- Children must be present to receive a meal.
- Meals must be consumed off school premises.
- Families must remain in the vehicle.
Speaking to Your Child
(graphic courtesy of BHUSD)
Culture of Safety & Belonging
As our district community navigates this difficult time, we must continue to lean on the strengths of people. Of special importance is to remember that transmission of the Coronavirus is not based on a person's race or country of origin. If hurtful or misinformed comments are said, witnesses to these comments are encouraged to speak up.
It is vital to advocate for our community members and to stay kind to one another. We must uphold a culture of safety and belonging in and beyond our school buildings. Always, but especially in challenging and unpredictable times, we must stick together as a school community and remember that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths.
Resources to Share with Your Child
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus: Article from the Child Mind Institute - Click Here
- What Coronavirus is: Video from BrainPOP - Click Here
- How to wash your hands: Video from BrainPOP - Click Here
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus - Click Here
- Orange County Health Care Agency Preventative Measures: Poster for Kids - Click Here
- Older Kids: 8th Grade Plus Explanation, Interactive Slideshow, and Poll - Click Here
- Younger Kids: Video, What is Coronavirus? - Click Here
- LA County Department of Public Health: