March 12, 2020 (5:17 PM)
Dear SGUSD Families,
I would first like to start by saying thank you to all of our SGUSD school community for your effort over the past few days as we have dealt with the COVID 19 crisis. The collaborative effort I have witnessed throughout the District is nothing short of heroic. The SGUSD Coronavirus Committee met today to review our current status and progress with our response plans that are currently in place. I have summarized the key points that were discussed at today’s meeting:
- Schools will do their best to screen students, parents, and staff for symptoms.
- Students, parents, or staff that are showing any symptoms will be sent home. Should a child get sick at school, parents will be expected to pick up their child immediately.
- The Los Angeles Department of Public Health makes the determination if a school/district should close. SGUSD will comply with the decision.
- At this time, sporting events will continue without spectators.
- Use of facilities by outside groups will be restricted.
- Essential before and after school care services will continue.
- We are prepared to initiate Distance Learning online if there is a school or District closure.
- We will work with Maintenance and Operations to do our best to keep our classrooms and facilities clean.
I will keep all SGUSD staff informed of any changes to our current status.
San Gabriel Unified School District
408 Junipero Serra Drive
San Gabriel, CA 91776